Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21

So, I've had this weird sore on my thumb for a couple weeks ago. It's nothing horrible, just a little pink nub in the crease of my right thumb. For the life of me, I have not been able to figure out where it came from.

You want to know what else has been pretty constant for a couple weeks now? Peanut butter. I've been smearing it on toast, filling celery stalks with it, dipping Kit-Kats and other assorted chocolate candy right into the jar. I can't get enough of it.

And this morning, as I opened the jar of peanut butter for my morning snack, the edge of the lid slid across my thumb and that stupid pink spot on my right thumb started to throb. So, I guess now at least I know where this little pink spot came from. (And you've got to be kidding me if you think that this is going to make me stop eating peanut butter. That jar of Peter Pan may be the death of my right thumb, but it's too delicious to let a little battle wound get in the way of me and my current favorite snack food.)