Friday, April 13, 2012

April 13

As I told my friend Christian on our ride in to work together this morning, "You know it's been a bad week when you wake up and think to yourself, 'It's Friday the 13th, and this is going to be the best day so far this week'". As it turns out, I was right. This was, by far, the best day I've had all week.

Did I get answers to all of my insurance concerns? Nope, I sure didn't. In fact, I received a lovely email this afternoon from the rep for the new company, confirming that three of my four doctors are not listed as approved physicians. The email went on to advise me that if they would like to be added as preferred providers, they can apply - but that I might want to get started on that, as it can take months for the process to go through. She ended her email with "I hope this information has been of help to you".

Winner, winner, chicken dinner on the customer service front. (Read: No, actually, the information you gave was not of help to me.)

Oh, well. The good news is that she did give me some pointers on some other billing identification numbers that may help me. I'll start chasing that down on Monday. As sick as it may sound, I'm actually glad that her email didn't come until about 4:00 this afternoon. It was too late in the day for me to start playing phone tag with MD and the ins co., and that bought me some peace of mind that I would like to think will last me all weekend. I figure, there's nothing I can do about any of it until Monday, so I might as well just let it go for 48 hours. I'll pick that stress back up on Monday.

Say it with me: "Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay. Everything will be okay." Somehow, someway... I have to believe that this will all work itself out. (Because if it doesn't, my doctors aren't covered as of May 1, and that simply cannot happen.)

Meanwhile, back on the mascara-science-project front, I'd like to announce... we have a winner! (And the winner is: Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping. It's a mouthful and a half to say and/or type, but it's some good stuff.)

Here, at 11:00 PM, after a very long day (albeit not quite as emotional as a few of the other days I've had this week), is what my eyelashes look like:



Okay, so I'm not going to be winning any beauty contests with this, I know. But it was nice to come home at the end of a very long day, look in the mirror, and actually think that I looked like myself.

At the end of a week of serious emotional fallout, I thank Heaven (literally) for the little things. (The little things = having mascara stay on my eyelashes, rather than flake, run or smear down to my cheekbones.)