Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11


Yesterday, I noticed that one of my FB friends had posted something about having bought Jester'Z tickets for a fundraiser that's happening in Snowflake next month. My first thought...

GENIUS!

Hello, who's in need (or will be in need, shortly, if my current medical costs keep up) of a fundraiser? ... Me.

And who loves Jester'Z? ... Again, me.

I mean, I love Navajo Tacos as much as (or even more than) the next girl. And I do hail from a great and wonderful part of the state that is known to throw a mean Navajo Taco fundraiser for hometown folks in need. ... But JESTER'Z?! That would be an even better (as in, more personal and suited to me) fundraiser than fried bread would be. (Not that I am dissing the fried bread. We all know that I am a big fan of the You Fry It, I Like It food category. ... I'm just saying that I prefer funny men to beans on bread. Amen.)

Tonight was my friend Christian's birthday party at... drumroll... Jester'Z. (My friends know how to party.) After the show, I talked to Jef (yeah, with one F) and asked how, exactly, their fundraiser thing works. He couldn't give me a lot of details, because he doesn't manage that part of the business, but he gave me a basic rundown of how it works (they take enough money to cover the cost of putting on the show, roughly $400-$600), and anything over that is profit. He explained that the amount of money made varies by advertising, the cause, etc...

Good thing I happen to be the CEO of Cancer Girl Enterprises and a few of my friends have been known to call me "PR Girl" instead of my actual name. Advertising shouldn't be a problem. Between Facebook, my blog, my connections at the printer, the contacts in my phone and my complete and utter lack of shame when it comes to asking people to donate to what I consider to be a good cause, I should be able to make a go of this.

Now, I just need to find some time in my hectic life to make some phone calls, do some research and start getting this put into motion. (Because I am leaning towards broke just paying for my routine medical costs... If and when I have surgery and have to be out of work for a minimum of two months (without any kind of disability pay coming in), the financial status around here is gonna go straight from unseemly to downright hideous.)

Wish me luck, folks. I'm crossing my fingers that I can play the cancer card (we all know that I like to) and get my own personal Jester'Z dream team to perform at the fundraiser. (What can I say? I dream big.)