Saturday, May 19, 2012

May 19

This morning, Jo and I went to Schnepf Farms Peach Festival. Together. Just the two of us.

It was the best time ever.



I mean, E-VER.

The day started with The Breakfast of Champions (Sausage Egg McMuffins and a Coke), and then when we got to Schnepf's, we had dessert.

As in, we ate fruit right off the trees. Hello, sun-ripened fruit.... Where have you been all my life?


(Seriously. Would you look at those peaches?! They were clustered, LIKE GRAPES! And all perfectly ripe and delicous to the taste.)

Also, there were apricot trees. For those of you who aren't lucky enough to be both Blog Stalker AND Facebook Friend, I give you the lovely shot that Jo took of me climbing in the apricot tree. (Yeah, I said climbing. So what if I only made it two feet off the ground before I got too scratched up to go any further? I'm still saying I climbed that sucker.)


And like the fruit wasn't enough of a good time... There was a little booth area where some locals were selling these fine (FINE!) hand-crafted onesies.


Like a 0-3 month old doing the free "My mom's single" advertising isn't WT enough... We have obvious apostrophe errors here, people.

Egads. Who buys this stuff?! (Answer: Not me. I just take pics and then mock the lack of punctuation. Publicly.)

I tell you what, this has been a great day! A solid 4 hours with Jo, all to ourselves to talk and laugh and pick and eat fruit... Seriously, it was the best morning ever.

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the 8 lbs of peaches and 3 lbs of apricots that I have sitting on my kitchen counter...