Monday, July 23, 2012

July 23

BREAKING NEWS!

This morning, Mom and I did our 1 1/2 mile walk in an hour. (Two weeks ago, this walk took two hours.)

We're super proud. (Yeah, both of us. I am super proud of myself. She is super proud of me in the way most parents are when their 2 year old learns how to do something new and/or difficult.)

And the most amazing thing? I did half a mile of that walk hands-free. As in, no walker. Half a mile, consecutively (not the usual, "You push the walker for 50 feet and then I'll take it back" trade off). Impressive, no?

... And then I came home and almost puked from the exhaustion and exertion. (Listen, it takes a lot of stomach muscles to walk. You don't know this until you don't have any, but trust me when I say that walking without support is a workout and a half if you don't have a core.)