Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 28

I'm sitting here in my recliner, listening to sheets of rain come down outside my window and... I'm, once again, struggling to breathe.

Honestly, monsoon season is KILLING me!

Well... okay, that was a strong word. It isn't actually killing me, but it sure has complicated my ability to breathe like a normal person. A 5 hour surgery + a respiratory infection + heavy, moist air = me, taking short and shallow breaths just to keep my head above water.

I tell you, sometimes I listen to myself breathing and think "I sound just like that black lab puppy that lives downstairs, just panting away."

My dumb lungs.

On the upside, as I've sat here, in the desert - inside my apartment with all windows shut tight as a drum, because by now I've learned that rain really does make a different in how well I breathe - I've been super, duper glad that I'm not at home this weekend. The higher elevation, plus the fact that it's been stormy and raining there all weekend... I tell you, there is a Grand Design. Even without the complications of the respiratory infection, my lungs have been having a tough time with the humidity. I cannot even imagine how hard it would have been to breathe up there. Isn't it great that I got sick (and stuck) here?

I tell you - even as I struggle to breathe - things happen (or don't happen) for a reason. I love my life!

The End.