Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30

Two quotes I read on Facebook this morning, that I've been thinking about all day:

“When you surrender and stop resisting and stop trying to change that which you can’t change, but be in the moment, be fully open to the blessings you’ve already received and those that are yet to come and stand in that space of gratitude … and look at where you are and how far you’ve come and what you’ve accomplished - when you can claim THAT and SEE that, the literal vibration of your life will change.”

- Oprah Winfrey
 
"When we are able to be thankful for what we have…truly thankful, not just words we recite but a feeling of thanks from within, our world outlook changes."
 
- Unknown
 
You know how much I love a good, long run-on sentence, and Oprah does not disappoint. Also, if you know me at all (or even if you don't know me at all, but have read the last five posts here), you know how much BOTH of these quotes tell the story of my life right now.
 
Here's the thing, people: Cancer is changing me. It has been, all along, but it has picked up the pace. I have more love in my heart - and in my life, all around me - than I ever would have thought possible. (And I am a girl who has always had a lot of love going on.) I am more accepting, more patient, more loving and generally more at peace than I ever have been. I am becoming very Zen, which is so very curious to me, as I have always been more than a little bit of a control freak and a Nervous Nelly.
 
The last several months have been difficult, but it has been worth it. My surgical wounds have healed. My swelling is almost gone. I am alive, in every sense of the word. I am grateful. The vibration of my life is changing, and that is a fascinating thing to see and feel.