Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1

Do you remember my having posted about Kimmie's car wash last month?

Well, it happened.


And it was wildly successful.
 

Between my fabulous friends who supported the event, strangers that Kimmie & Co were able to flag down and ask for donations, and a sweet, sweet homeless pan who emptied his pockets when he was told that they were washing cars to help their friend who's fighting cancer...

 

That car wash raised enough to pay my rent this month. 


Exactly enough to pay my rent.


I thank the Lord all the time for the people in my life, and for the good people in the world. I firmly believe that if you give people the benefit of the doubt, and an opportunity to be kind, 9 times out of 10, they will be.
 
A big, fat THANK YOU goes out to my friends, a lot of really nice strangers and one sweet homeless man for paying my rent this month. I love you all, even if I haven't ever met you. Thank you.