Monday, August 27, 2012

August 27

To be read in a creepy, sing-songy voice... I'm ba-aaaack!

Did ya miss me?

My internet was out all week last week. Weird, right? It was annoying for a day, and then I adjusted. I got busy. I didn't even think to try logging on for three days in a row. It was actually kind of nice to have a vacation from my internet-based lifestyle (you know, with the blogging and/or Netflix watching, it turns out that I had been using the internet probably a little too much). And then today, I missed having a computer, so I called the nice people at Cox and got myself all fixed up.

And thus... I return to you from my six day foray into the world as it was prior to the internet. (I read a lot last week. A. Lot. As in, a book a day for multiple days. Also, I went out and had meals with actual (not virtual) friends, and spent an afternoon with my brother.) Last week was a great week. Being internet-free was excellent, in that it helped me realize that I need to literally unplug a little more often.

That being said, having the internet back is also excellent. I have my voice (that is, my fingernails clicking away on a keyboard) again. Ahhhhhhh... I do love that sound.

Of course, I don't really have a whole heck of a lot to say. But I'm gonna waste some time (both yours and mine) and type a bunch of stuff anyway. (I mean, if we're gonna get back into the swing of things here, we're gonna do it right!)

What you've missed over the last week:

Not much.

A) I've survived working part-time. (So far, that is.) Last week was easier than the first week. I'd posted about my first day of work going better than I'd thought it would or expected it to. (Wasn't that a great report? I was thrilled!) Too bad that "easier than I thought it would be" only lasted for the one day. The second day in that first week, I wanted (read: needed) to lie down before 9:00 AM. The third day, I woke up in extreme pain that didn't go away until the weekend. Awesome. The second week went a little better, in that it wasn't until the fourth day of the work week that I thought my body may have broken in my sleep. Luckily, this week is a short week (I am Utah bound tomorrow night), so I should be able to get through this week without the back pain that comes along with being mobile and productive in the mornings, specifically: sitting in a chair, clicking on a mouse and sifting through loan files that are three inches deep in paper.

B) I watched the Batman trilogy. Yup, you read that right. TRILOGY. (And it was about time, too!) I wasn't able to see The Dark Knight Rises when it first came out in the theaters, due to my inability to breathe like a normal person. I needed to wait for my respiratory system (and... uh... anxiety level) to course correct, so I could handle the theater experience. I am pleased to report that I did not have one single freakout during the entire movie (though my jaw did literally drop more than once, Kirk was with me and he can attest that this is truth). ... Of course, I still think The Dark Knight is the best of the three. (I can't help it. I freaking love that movie. - And no, I don't only love it because Bruce Wayne is a rich and pretty boy for the entirety of the second movie in the trilogy (read: no prison scenes), though that's certainly never going to hurt his cause.) Dark Knight Rises was good. I mean, it was epic, in the true sense of the "all encompassing, story coming full circle" definition of the word. But I prefer the stark dark v. light themes in Dark Knight. I love that Batman takes the fall for something he didn't do, because the city couldn't find out they'd had faith in the wrong man. I love that he can't let their faith be destroyed, because that would mean The Joker won. The Dark Knight is a thing of beauty to me, in that Bruce sacrifices everything for the good of the people and city that he loves. The "set the dogs on me" speech at the end of Dark Knight gives me the chills (and makes me cry). Every time. Without fail.

Ahhhhh... The Batman. What's not to love?! (Except, uh... maybe the prison scenes. As much as it pains me to say it, Christian Bale has some bizarre facial hair and it troubles me when he's not clean-shaven and pretty.)

And... uh, yeah. That's about it. Working four hours a day and watching Batman. That's all I do.

Now you're all caught up on what I've been doing since I was last able to write. I'll see what I can do to come up with something more lively and exciting in the next week or so... Wish me luck!