Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 18

This afternoon at work, I was at Christian's desk, going over files, when she reached across the counter and swiped something onto the ground. Startled, I asked, "Did you just swipe a hair onto the floor? Am I shedding on your desk now?!" ... She responded, "Well, yes. But it was only one hair."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I was standing a foot away from her desk. I was not making wild arm gestures. There was no wind to blow my hair about. I am just losing so flipping much hair that it is literally falling out of my head and off of my body.

As we were talking about my hair loss, I ran my hands across the bottom of my hair and got enough to roll into a ball about the size of a golf ball. This was not the first time I'd done the pull-the-loose-hairs-from-the-bottom-of-my-hair routine this morning, folks. It was the third time. (And this is just pulling at the tips of my hair to get what has already fallen out. Heaven forbid I run my hand through my hair and finger-comb it out. Who knows how much hair I'd get if I were to do that?! ... Not to mention, I seem to take some kind of moral issue with excessive hair brushing. For such a girly girl, I am not one who is wont to take a brush to her hair.)

Tonight, I ran a couple loads of laundry. As I pulled my whites out of the dryer, I remembered that I needed to clean the lint screen. Check it I did, and the filter came out more brown than white. Very little lint. Tons o' hair brown, curly hair.

Good heavens!

I wasn't kidding when I said that I am helping birds build nests. Honestly.