Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5

This morning, for the first time since Friday of last week, I woke up without pain.

And the angels sang.

Who did too much on vacation? This girl did. For the last several days, I've had aches and pains in places that haven't hurt since mid-July. But it appears that a steady schedule of sitting on my couch and watching TV for the last two days, combined with sleeping in my actual bed (and not lying on the floor/ground) have helped my body recoup.

I could not be more thrilled.

This is a red letter day. No pain, AND I have another round of Thank You notes going out today. (I tell you what, I feel so accomplished when I have a bundle of envelopes to drop in the mail box!)

Today, I am mailing cards to:

New Jersey
Wisconsin
Illinois
Texas
Idaho
Utah
My own hometown and the greater Phoenix area

Last week, I sent cards to:

Rhode Island
Texas
Pennsylvania
Utah
Idaho
England
Australia
Russia
Again, my own hometown and the greater Phoenix area (I heart my fellow Arizonans. A lot!)

I'm halfway through my fifth book of stamps (since mid-July), and I often feel like I'll never be able to say thank you enough, or to all the people I want to say it to. It is astonishing to me, when I think of the acts of service and love that have been shown me in the last three months, quantified by how many stamps it has taken to start to get a leg-up on thanking the world for having loved me. (And I can only send cards to the people who I know have contributed or helped me. So very many have stayed in the shadows, given cash that's untraceable and performed service behind closed doors.)

I am, once again, so far beyond grateful that I have to wonder how this happened to my life. Thank you, all of you, for doing whatever it was that you did. The last twelve weeks of my life have been tremulous at times, but they have also been filled with so much love that I cannot wrap my head around it.

Thank you, to all of you in the www... Thank you for having had enough love in your heart to help me in any way that you could; for remembering me, for praying for me and for taking the time to let me know that you were aware of what was happening in my life. I will never, ever be able to say it enough, but I'll say it one more time. Thank you. So much.