Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October 17

I just received the following text from my good friend, Jo:

"In the way of super cute things my children do, I was just helping Sally say her bedtime prayer, and I said, "Bless Laurie." She stopped, looked up at me with a quizzical look and said, "Which Laurie?"

- I must break to explain that Jo has a sister named Laurie and their neighbor across the street is also named Laurie. These poor kids are inundated with Lauries in their lives, so you can understand why sometimes they have to stop and ask which of us is the topic of current conversation.

"I said, Laurie Evans." She nodded her head, closed her eyes and said, "Bless Laurie Evans." It was adorable."

After PT yesterday, I feel like my body is broken. My muscles and my bones ache, I'm so tired that I can't see straight, and I'm on hold until Friday to get some (possible) answers for why I'm so fatigued. ... But tonight, I will sleep well. And tomorrow I'm sure I will feel at least a little bit better. Because I know that a two-year-old is praying for me. By name.

I've said it before, and I am sure that I'll say it again... I have been saved by the prayers of my friends and family. I am as sure of that as I am of anything else in my life. Thank you, to all of you who have prayed for me, and especially to those of you who have asked your children to do the same. I could not possibly live my life without your faith and support. I love you.