Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29

Would you like to see what I have accomplished in a week? I will show you.


Yup. That's a quart of cream. Down the hatchet.

Go, me!

So, here's a funny story... As I was preparing for the big week o' recovery, I had thought to myself "Since I won't be able to eat like a normal person (by which I mean: no fried chicken and/or ice cream cones for a while, as I will be unable to open my mouth to take a bite of anything), I'll probably lose some weight while I'm in recovery." - And then I planned a menu and I went shopping.

What was on the menu?

Cracked wheat cereal, which I love. ... And one of the things I love best about cracked wheat cereal? It's so freaking good for you that it practically begs to be doused in half-and-half or cream.

And, people, I have eaten a lot of cracked wheat. We're talking three triple batches in less than a week. That's some serious fiber intake. (A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to offset the effects of the percocet.)

Three triple batches of cracked wheat cereal translates into some serious cream consumption.

(Also, I may or may not (read: definitely do) love to pour cream into my hot chocolate. And I am a HUGE proponent of the Hot Chocolate as a Meal Replacement Plan.)

What I'm saying is, I love cream. (It is, after all, the literal building block of the butter-based food group.) And I did have a whole quart of it at my disposal, so there was no reason whatsoever to exercise any self-control.

So much for those pants that I had thought might be fitting a little bit better by the end of the week... But oh well. If it can't be bacon that's making me soft and squishy, it might as well be cream.