Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17

Yesterday, one of the girls I used to work with posted the following on my Facebook page:

Been thinking about you and wanted to let you know that we put you in our Sunday bulletin at our church. Much love.



I tell you what, my people are amazing.

A couple weeks ago, I stopped by my brother Kirk's work to drop something off to him. He asked if I wanted to come in and say hi to my old boss. (He works for the company I'd worked for before I went to the bank.) I went in, so I could talk to Rich. As we walked through the center, I was stopped by two women who I used to work with. They both asked how I was doing, and then in the next breath, told me they've been praying for me. Every day. Rich was in a meeting with senior management, so I waited a few minutes for him to be available. He walked out of O'Neal's office, head straight for me with tears in his eyes, and as he hugged me, told me he had been praying for me - every day - and that my name is on his church's prayer roll every week.

Last Friday, I went to a Christmas party at my church, and one of my favorite sweet old ladies asked me to sit by her until her husband came back from the dessert table. He'd asked her who they'd been praying for every day, and she wanted to make sure we were introduced so he could put my face to my name.

Everywhere I go, people tell me they have been praying for me.

It is the most amazing and incredible thing to me, how very many of my friends and family have kept me in their prayers.

I've said it once, and I'm sure I'll say it again: I am convinced that I have been saved by the faith of my friends and family.

Thank you, to all of you. For everything you have done. For every kind word that has been expressed. For every prayer that has been offered in my behalf.

I am so grateful for the experience of having been desperate and sick enough to merit letting pretty much every single person in my life know what was going on with me. The love, the generosity, the kindness and the outpouring of blessings I have received this year have completely and utterly blown my mind.

Thank you. Thank you, all of you. For everything.

I am grateful beyond measure. So humbled by your love, and by your faith, that I can hardly type this without crying.

I truly do have the most incredible life. Thank you - all of you, thank you - for having been part of it.