Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December 25


I love that, this morning, I sat in the same room that the above picture was taken in (circa 1980) and opened Christmas presents with my family.

Four of six kids were home, in the house we all grew up in.

My sister had a sleep-over last night, and we talked until we fell asleep.

I got up at 6:00, because it was CHRISTMAS, and I couldn't stand being in bed anymore. (Yes, I'm 38. What of it?)

It was great to laugh - FOR HOURS - on Christmas Eve with my brothers, my sister and my parents.

Man alive, I ate a lot of ice cream. (My jeans aren't the only pair of pants that are too tight right now. Wish me luck when it comes to finding something to wear to work tomorrow!) We went through a few dozen tamales (and I brought a dozen home with me). I don't even want to think about many cartons of egg nog were downed yesterday.

We laughed. We cried. We ate fudge and we threw away the cookies that were burnt.

It was awesome. Christmas at home always is.