Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 4

The MRI has been rescheduled.

I repeat, the MRI has been rescheduled.

(I love it when I get what I want!)

Instead of Thursday afternoon, I've been bumped to 7:30 in the AM on Friday.

*Deep sigh of relief*

Now, I don't have to fast all day. I don't have to go to work in the morning and try to get stuff done while I'm lightheaded and woozy from lack of nutrition. I won't be a crazy, emotional, obsessive (and, to top all of that off - HUNGRY) person for most of the day. This is a win!

Don't get me wrong, it'll still be a Two Ativan Day. (MRI days always are!) But I can just roll out of bed at 6:30, get dressed and leave for MD Anderson without thinking too much about why I'm not eating or drinking anything first thing in the morning. Halle-freakin-lujah!

The nice girl from scheduling told me that Dr. H wants to see the MRI results before he decides if I need to come in for a follow-up. (Looks like someone's playing hard to get, cutting my face time with him like that.) She thought that he'd probably see the MRI during the day and should be able to call me on Friday with the results. (Or maybe he's just wanting to make a phone call and set up a date? ... Listen, a girl can dream! It is, after all, Christmas. And I'm in the mood for a Christmas miracle in the way of a date with a hot doctor! ... Or Nathan Fillion. ... Or anyone else who wants to buy me a hot chocolate and take a stroll around Tempe Town Lake. I'm just putting it out there.)

So, the MRI is Friday morning at 7:30 and I'm hoping to hear from my beloved Dr. H later in the day with the results. I will, of course, keep everyone posted.