Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My current beverage of choice...

One of the most frustrating things about having only one kidney is that I am required to drink an absolutely ridiculous amount of water a day, so I can keep my system flushed.

I'm talking, 64 oz.

That's a lot of water.

Now, in the summer, it's not hard for me to drink that much water. It's hot - I'm hot - water keeps me hydrated. Easy peasy.

In the winter, on the other hand...

It is not hot. I am not hot. I do not feel the need to be sipping cool water all day long, like I do in the summer (or spring, or fall) months.

Oh, no.

It is freezing. I am freezing. Drinking water sounds like the very opposite of a good time.

Now, hot chocolate, on the other hand...

That is warm. And delicious.

Hot chocolate is a very good time.

So, if I make hot cocoa with water, do you think that counts? ... I sure hope so, because approximately 24 of my required 64 oz (EVERY DAY THIS WEEK) have come in a dark, rich and delicious chocolaty form.