Wednesday, March 27, 2013

In honor of my favorite Canadian's birthday...



42 Things That I Love About Nathan

The hair
He's age-appropriate
Have you seen the man smile?!
His mom's name is Cookie. (I heart cookies.)
His parents are English teachers.
He grammars.
He's a geek. ("Age of the geek, babay!")
6' 1 1/2"
He's funny. I mean, sure Castle and Mal are funny... but NATHAN is funny!
His tweets.
He can laugh at himself.
He co-founded a charity to help get books into the hands of needy children.
Malcolm Reynolds.
Malcolm Reynolds. (Not a typo. I love Mal enough to list him twice.)
He asks people to donate $$ to buy water for the underprivileged - as a birthday gift - to him.
The hair.
The smile.
The one-eyebrow up look.
His laugh.
His watch. (You think I'm kidding. I. Am. Not.)
He wanted to be a high school teacher.
Nathan Fillion is his REAL name!
Captain Hammer.
He ALSO blogs. (Or did, anyway. Back in the MySpace age.)
The hair.
Dude sings along with Jason Mraz.
He feeds into the love of the fans. I've seen the man autograph a pkg of Oreos, so he could give someone his signature. (Yeah. They were HIS Oreos. ... YouTube doesn't lie.)
He did singing telegrams when he was in college. (How cute is that?!)
He has a brother named Jeff. ... I've always wanted a brother-in-law named Jeff. (Coincidence? I think not.)
He's a lover of superheros and comics.
Rick Castle.
The hair.
He has a tattoo of an Egyptian glyph on his left hip. (Thank you, Mrs. Reynolds, for that episode.)
He, too, had a pet bird that he hated when he was a kid.
He mailed me a care package once.
He has nice penmanship. (I know, because he wrote "For Laurie" on said package. I swoon.)
He looks good in a white doctor coat. (Maybe not quite as good as Dr. H does. But still. ... Good.)
He was a karaoke DJ.
His middle name is Christopher. (Not sure why I enjoy that so much, but I do.)
He's a cat person. (Be still my beating heart!)
The man read the Harry Potter books. All seven of them. ... More than once.
He is siiiiiiingle! (My hope lives on. Always.)

Happy Birthday, Nathan! ... Even if you don't know I love you, the rest of the www does!

xoxo

3 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

Excuse me! Don't you mean your second favorite Canadian... I am your first!! Unless you do get married, and then I will gladly step down.

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I didn't know you got a care package from him!!! That is seriously amazing!! I love Nathan Fillion - and especially Captain Mal! My mom got me a shirt that said "Mal-Adjusted" which was funny both because I love Captain Mal and because my name starts with "Mal"....so stinkin' funny!!
I totally think you have a shot with him, and when you marry him you have to promise to invite me to the wedding and let me meet him...and maybe dance with him....ok, it will be your wedding, but at least a big hug would be phenomenal!! :-)
Lots of love Laurie!

Myra said...

You forgot one: he will be in a Shakespearean movie this summer (Much Ado About Nothing = my favorite Shakespeare play). CANNOT WAIT!