Saturday, March 9, 2013

Stats

Here's fun fact about me: I loooooove numbers. As in, raw data.

I do. I love numbers.

It's totally nerdy, but I love to see percentages and stats. I like to know how things break down. (It's one of the things about me that makes me really good at my job: I can do interest accrual calculations all day long and never get bored - or frustrated - because I truly enjoy calculating a per diem, down to a fraction of a cent.)

What I'm saying is, no one loves a pie chart more than I do.

So, you know I'm going to be totally enamoured of the new stats tab that Blogger has tracking my online life.

Get this:


That's right. It's, like, 8:30 in the morning and I've had 32 page views. I'm not sure exactly who wakes up on a Saturday morning and decides they should go online and read about my new food rules. But thank you, whoever you are, for your time. (All 32 of you.) I appreciate your dedication to reading my weird posts more than I can say.

And speaking of how I don't know who's reading my blog first thing on a Saturday morning, please allow me to show you what countries people are reading my blog in:



How fun is that?!

I mean, I knew I had a US readership. (Most of my friends and family do live in the continental United States, so that totally tracks.) But that number is higher than I'd have thought it would be.

I know a couple in Russia (Tom Wing!) on a mission for my church, but I have no idea who the other 12 are. I have a cousin in England, so that's one of the UK kids, but I don't know who the rest of you are. I have a friend from home whose husband is stationed in Germany, but that's only one person. South Korea?! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I didn't know that South Korea knew I existed! Mexico is my aunt and uncle (again, on a mission for our church). I didn't know that I had one single fan in the Ukraine. ... It turns out that I do.

I feel so glamorous, what with all of these people all over the world reading my blog. (Maybe it's to make fun of me and how I had to make a rule to eat fruit every day. I don't even care.) Over the summer, I had some readers in Australia and Canada who seem to have disappeared. ... Or maybe they moved to South Korea and Germany. And multiplied.

I'm just so glad that you all have taken an interest in my life.

Speaking of which...

Do you see the sudden spike in page views between 2/28 and 3/2?


Heh heh heh.

That would be March 1st. Also known as The Big Reveal.

It made me laugh out loud when I saw the jump on the day that I showed the world what my dreamy doctor looks like. (Also, I did report a clean scan that day. I'd like to think that one or two of those readers came to check on my current cancer status. But hey, I get that most of you wanted to know what Dr. H looks like. I just wish I could figure out how to turn the comments back on so we could talk about it amongst ourselves.)

Raw data. Stats. Numbers. Percentages. Fractions.

I love all of these things. ... Also, I love you. All of you. Whoever you are, wherever you are. Thank you for making time for me (and my craziness) in your life.

No comments: