Friday, April 5, 2013

What I've learned in the last week.

I'm getting stronger.

You want to know how I can tell? I worked a TON of overtime last week and it didn't kill me.

It may have made me want to kill myself... but it didn't kill me.

That's good news, right?

Other things I learned last week:

Working more than 40 hours a week isn't a good idea. It makes me grumpy. While my body may be able to withstand a few extra hours at work, it takes a toll on my spirit. ... What I'm saying is, I don't like myself very much when I work too much. Which tells me, other people probably don't like me either. Note to self: Go home after 8 hours. There will always be work left to do. Go home anyway.

People matter more than paper. (Again, with the work always being there. People? They may or may not be. Make time for what/who matters.)

Hershey's chocolate isn't half bad. This, from the girl who chain-ate her way through an entire bag of mini-candy bars that were meant for customers. It turns out that I even like the Special Dark these days. (I'm either getting old, or I'm too stressed to know good chocolate from bad these days.)

That's about it:

1. Work less.

2. Spend more time with the people I love.

3. Don't pre-judge chocolate by its wrapper.

This is my new life plan.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I TOTALLY agree with the first two rules - but I still prefer my Cadbury and Galaxy (British) chocolates than Hersheys! I'm a chocolate snob now, I am!