Sunday, May 19, 2013

Chocolate: It's what's for dinner.

I haven't been feeling well today (suuuuuuper tired, lightheaded/dizzy, fever), so I cancelled my usual Sunday schedule so I could stay home and rest. And rest, I did.

I took a two hour nap on my couch this morning, then moved to my bed and slept until 3:15 (I had a church meeting at 3:30, so I'd set an alarm... otherwise, who knows how long I could have slept?!) I got home from my meeting at 5:00 and crashed again.

Remember how I was saying, just the other day, that when I do too much - for too many days in a row - my body shuts me down? Well, I got shut down today. In a big way. But that's alright. I'm pretty sure I got more sleep today - in the day part of the day - than I've had at night in the last three nights. I'll take it!

Because I haven't been feeling awesome, and because I wanted to have room to sleep if/when/wherever I was, I texted Jo this afternoon to let her know I would not be making an appearance at Sunday dinner.

This translates into: I had to make my own dinner tonight. First, I boiled some whole wheat noodles (because I'm so healthy) and had a little stroganoff. Then, I made....



S'more (Crack) Dip
1 cup milk chocolate chips*
1 cup mini marshmallows
2 Tab milk

Melt in a saucepan, then pour into an ovensafe dish. Layer another cup (approx) mini marshmallows over the chocolate mixture and broil for 1 minute, or until marshmallows are toasted.

Serve with graham crackers for dipping.

Because this isn't the first time I've made S'more Dip for dinner (not even the first time I've done it this week), I'll share that *I think it's best with half milk and half semi-sweet chocolate chips. Also, you can cut the recipe down into half or a third and/or do the first step in the microwave. (It takes, maybe, 30 seconds to melt the chocolate chips and marshmallows, and then you can put the other 'mallows on top and throw it right into the oven to broil.)

And that, my friends, is how you make dinner (or dessert, if you're one of *those* people who feel like chocolate can't be a main course) in less than two minutes.

You're welcome.




2 comments:

Mark said...

that was totally wicked!(picture Incredibles if you know the line I'm quoting)

Jeanette said...

It is just as delicious and decadant as you would expect it to be! I made this tonight for Chris' birthday, and it was a big hit.
Thanks for the temptation... ummmm... inspiration!
Jeanette