Sunday, May 12, 2013

The #1 Mom

It's Mother's Day.

Which means that phone lines, inboxes and social media sites everywhere have been flooded with people saying that their mom is the best. While I don't think those people are lying, per se, I do think that they just don't know...

MY mom is the #1 Mom.

It's true. She tells me so all the time.

I can't tell you how many voicemails she's left me, "This is your mom. Call me back. You know my number. It's #1."

She's the best. I love her!

This is one of my favorite pictures of us:




Do you see the way we're smiling at each other? ... Some things never change. We still do that.

I'm grateful for the things that I got from my mom:

my hair
my eyes
my nose
my fingernails
my laugh

I think of her every day, and I'll love her forever.

Thanks, Mom - for giving me life, and for teaching me how to live it. I love you!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: