Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

My dad is....

Kind, generous, loving, giving, hard-working, funny (and punny), compassionate, strong, devoted, silly, awesome.

My dad loves...

My mom, his kids/grandkids, round pieces of pie, Blue Bell (and all other manner of ice cream, but esp BB), Jurassic Park, high-tech gadgets, children of all ages, fishing, almond M&M's.

My dad taught me...

How to read, to pick my hair up off the floor so it doesn't jam the vacuum, that it's alright to get weepy over sentimental, patriotic and/or spiritual things, how to make ice cream, carmel popcorn and hot fudge sauce, how a man should treat a woman, to never settle for anything that is beneath me, that it's okay to do/say/be what I want to.

I love my dad. I am grateful, all the time. that he is one of the two awesome people who raised me. He's taught me so much, on so many levels, in so many ways.

Happy Father's Day, Daddio. You're the very best dad I've ever known, and I'm glad you're mine. I love you!




2 comments:

Mark said...

as far as I can tell the only thing more awesome than your Dad is that you appreciate how awesome he is, I am a a huge fan of gratitude and you are, apparently, full of it.

Thanks for posting a great Father's Day post.

Laurie said...

Mark,

Few and far between are the people who can tell me that I'm "full of it" and make it sound like a compliment. ;-) Thank you for your kind words. The truth is, it's easy to be grateful when you have parents like mine. (I'm sure, someday, your kids'll feel the same way about you and Rach. You guys are awesome!)

Happy (day after) Father's Day to you!