Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I need constant supervision

Lest you think I only do stupid things in the morning, please allow me to reassure you that I have also been known to be D-U-M-B in the middle of the night. Please see the photo below:



Here’s the back story:
Just a few short weeks ago, I woke up with a solidly WET bed, with this cute little floral-pattern glass lying next to my pillow. For the life of me, I couldn’t figure out what had happened. (I mean, don’t get me wrong. I was really glad when I saw the glass, because I’d been trying to figure out how I’d wet the bed in the general vicinity of my shoulders, when my pee-er was more in the middle of the mattress. But still. Confusing.)
As I thought about it, trying to figure out how that glass got into my bed, I remembered a dream I’d had the night before.
In my “dream”, I was thirsty. Super thirsty. So I got up in the middle of the night and walked into the kitchen – in the dark – and got myself a glass FULL of water. I took a couple sips, and then brought the FULL glass of water back to bed with me.
In said dream, I debated on whether or not I should put the FULL glass of water on either of my bedside tables and decided that, no, I’d be able to just hold on to it while I slept.
Guess what? It turns out that a person can’t HOLD ONTO A GLASS FULL OF WATER while she sleeps. Lying down. In a bed.
The amazing thing is that I didn’t wake up when I spilled the water – which, I’m telling you, SOAKED the upper part of my bed. Nor did I have a concrete memory of how it had happened. Just a "dream".
It seems that sleep walking isn’t just a thing of my childhood…
AKA: Further proof that I require adult supervision at all times. (And, yes, I live alone. Scary, I know.)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Okay, so... I got it to work again. I have no idea why I have white highlights behind the words, but whatev. I can blog again (for today, at least), and that's what matters!

Jenni said...

Lol!