Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Christmas PSA

Okay, so... I made an executive decision (not sure why I'm calling it that, since I live in a household of one, but whatever) regarding the purchasing of Christmas presents this year:

I'm not doing it.

You heard me. I'm not buying Christmas presents this year.

This is why:

1. I have no children to disappoint in the gift-giving department
2. I'm paying for an ultrasound tomorrow, and a PET scan in two weeks (the downside of not having had surgery in 2013 is that I have yet to meet my out-of-pocket maximum, so I'm still paying 10% on my scans)
3. I'm too tired to go shopping after work, and the crowds in the stores on the weekend make me nervous
4. All my siblings, cousins and friends are grown ups and will understand points 2 and 3

I may send cards, but that's a big, fat, maybe.

That is all. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming/blog-stalking.

2 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

I love this idea and so wish I could get away with it myself. Enjoy not shopping!

Jenni said...

Sounds perfect to me!