Saturday, November 16, 2013

Preserving a moment for children who are not my posterity

I have a couple kids in my life (not mine - don't worry, you haven't missed any big news on the child-bearing front) who have a deep and abiding love for (it may even be safe to use the term "obsession with") my moles.

Meg and Sally, I'm talking to you.

I accidentally took this totally serious selfie the other day, and was astonished at:

A) How green my eyes were that day  ... For those of you who've ever been wont to say that my eyes are brown: WRONG. They are hazel. Obviously.

and...

B) Good heavens, I have a lot of flesh-colored moles on the left side of my face!



So much for me thinking those sweet little weirdos were... well, for lack of a better word, weirdos... for how they like to talk about/touch the many (MANY) moles on my face/neck/arms/etc. I am pretty bumpy, after all.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this selfie. Wow.

Ben said...

You may have aged just a bit since college, but not the 15 years the calendar shows. You look great.

Laurie said...

Ben,

You are THE NICEST! (It helps that my grey hairs were pulled back in a bun that night.) :-)

Thanks, dude. I love you!