Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The scoop (or lack thereof)

I've had no less than three people ask - in the last week - when my next scan is.

The answer, I am sorry to say, is "I don't know".

My last scan was the first week of June. As I am now a one-kidneyed wonder whose system can't handle the tracer in a CT, I am doomed to the fate of the PET being the only scan I can have. Sadly, PETs cost about three times as much as a CT, and insurance is less likely to approve a PET every quarter. Soooo... I am now on the every six months plan v. the every three months plan. I don't love it, but hey... I've gone a year tumor-free now, which helps. Also, I don't really have a choice.

This is very much an "it is what it is" situation, and I'm doing the best I can to wait it out.

Some days - most days - I'm fine with it. Every once in a while, I have an anxious/worried day, but for the most part, I'm fine.

As soon as I know more, I'll share the info.

Until then, I'm doing my level best to enjoy life and not read too much into my growing stomach. (It helps to have had a medical professional support my theory that the main issue with the bulge in my belly is a hernia.)

Viva la sweater season!

No comments: