Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Worst. Scan. Week. Ever.

I'm nauseated.

I'm not sure why.

The possibilities are endless, really: I could have a touch of the flu. I may have OD'd (sp?) on theater popcorn for dinner. It could be that I suffered through Captain Phillips, and came out of it with a whole lot of motion sickness. (And don't even get me started on the blood. Ewh.)

Also, it could be a serious lack of sleep.

Oh, and the anxiety.

I hate scan week. I hate it so badly. ... I hate it in a way that I hope no one single person I love will ever have to hate anything.

And this week's been more anxiety/emotion-riddled than usual.

My cousin Mark isn't doing so well - and that bums me out. Big time.

Like I told my mom tonight, I'd be a mess if all I had to deal with was scan week. I'd also be a mess if all I had to deal with was the emotional fallout of reading update emails from my sweet cousin Rachel. ... But, as luck would have it, they're both happening at the same time.

So, I want to throw up. (So much so that I don't even want to eat Oreos. That's serious, kids. Real, real, serious.)

Friday cannot come soon enough.

The End.

2 comments:

Genevra said...

:( I love you and I'm praying and sending some serious energy for you, Mark and Rachel.

Evvie Turley said...

Oh, sweet Lori, I hope things will turn out for the best. I know it's so hard to watch ones we love struggle and we wonder why. I read a quote the other day off FB (which I cannot remember perfectly) but basically it said that one day it will be revealed to us why we suffer through the trials we each have during this life. The thought doesn't make it better, but I take comfort in knowing there is a reason for all things. Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way. Love you