Sunday, February 9, 2014

Egg yolk in the bathroom sink

I must apologize to any readers who are put off by the site of a less than pristine sink. (As a woman who is more than a little compulsive about keeping sink bowls clean, I'm surprised that I am posting this pic.)

This morning, as I was brushing my teeth (sans corrective eyewear), I noticed a yellow spot in the sink.



"That's weird", I thought, "I wonder how in the world I got egg yolk in the sink. I haven't eaten fried eggs in... I can't even remember how long."

I bent down and practically put my face into the sink, squinching my eyes up so I could get a better look.


Sure enough. Dried egg yolk.

I straightened back up and continued to brush my teeth, thinking back on the last few weeks, trying to pinpoint the last time I'd eaten fried eggs. Unable to remember when I'd last eaten eggs, much less reconstruct a scenario in which I would have been eating a runny-yolked egg over my BATHROOM sink, I decided that the spot had probably been there for weeks and I was just now noticing it. Which is weird, because I am NEUROTIC about having even one stray hair in the sink bowl. ... But whatever. I figured I must have been a little preoccupied lately, and this spot of egg somehow missed my notice.

And then, as I finished brushing my teeth, I reached forward with my left hand to turn the water off, and I saw it...


Oh yeah. Dial, much like the color of egg yolks, is a bright yellow.

Phew! It seems that I had NOT been sleep-eating fried eggs over the bathroom sink. Rather, I was simply suffering another attack of the early-morning crazies. (What kills me about this story is that I spent actual time trying to remember how/when I'd have been eating eggs in the bathroom. Like THAT was a perfectly reasonable thing to have done at any point in time. I wasn't one bit concerned that I'd been eating eggs in the bathroom, just bugged that I'd somehow left a spot on the porcelain.)

A morning person, I am not. .   

2 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

I am so glad you didn't have EGG in your sink! That would have been most strange - perplexing really. I love reading about your "funnies." Love ya!

Evvie Turley said...

P.S. I too love Arm & Hammer toothpaste!