Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Henry

Dude is starting to make me crazy.

I may or may not have mentioned that Henry is getting bigger. (It's certainly inferred by my post in January - you know, when I laughed the hole in my stomach even bigger - and the fact that I bought maternity jeans last week.)

Uh, yeah. Yeah, he is.

I keep meaning to take a picture so I can do a side-by-side comparison to the pic I posted in the fall (you know I so enjoy doing contrast and comparison essays) to show you all, but I always seem to think of this when I'm just about to get in the shower, or when I'm lying in bed, or when I'm sitting on my couch, typing a blog post. None of which are times conducive to doing grabbing ye olde camera phone and doing a selfie stomach shoot. So you'll just have to trust me (for a few days, at least) that Hen is a growing boy.

Beyond my tummy getting firmer and pokey-outy-er in the last couple months, I've had some bizarre pain that I haven't had in past months. Like, now the right side of my bellybutton hurts. That's weird - for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is that I haven't been able to feel anything right of my bellybutton since my second surgery. In March of 2011. Also, I have some concerns that the seam in my stomach is splitting. As in, Henry may well be ripping my body both sideways and longways.

Awesome.

I'll be placing a call to MD this week to see if Dr. G can fit me in for a consult next week. I've been deliberating on making the call all month, because this is very much a lose/lose scenario (lose: the risk of surgery is still too great, so Henry is deemed inoperable until he gets even worse, or lose: I do need to have surgery, which means I'll get my abdomen opened up and I'll get to learn how to balance/walk all over again), but after today... I just can't justify putting off making the call.

As grateful as I am for all the things I can do with this prematurely old body of mine, on the days that I'm very literally held together by elastic and velcro, I sort of want to scream. Or eat a pound of Cadbury eggs. Tomato/tomahto.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yikes!!!! Keep us posted. Is there anything I can do?

Jenni said...

Crap. Keep me updated on how things go with the doc, ok?