Sunday, May 11, 2014

The #1 Mom

Today, I am grateful for the woman who invented me.



Biologically, she gave me:

My curly hairs
My big eyes
My strong nails
My crazy laugh
My crooked teeth

By example, she taught me:

To accept myself as I am
To choose happiness
To love people as they are
To play with children
That's it's okay to laugh OUT LOUD

I see my mom in the way that I hold a newborn baby, and in how I wash dishes and then set them on the stove to dry. I hear her laugh when I laugh, and every once in a while, I'm lucky enough to hear her when I'm singing.

As grateful as I am that Judy is my mom, I'm even more grateful that she's my friend. Every day, I am grateful.

Thanks, Mom. For everything. I love you.

1 comment:

Superjulie said...

I love you. I love how you write; how you express feeling and love with words. Thanks for sharing beauty with me every time I come to get a glimpse of your soul.