Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's a Thank You Note kind of day around here

Today.
Was.
Hard.

I mean... Really. Hard.

We had an Evans Family Gathering at Spence & Brea's house last night that put me home around 11:00. (I've been down by 8:00 and asleep by 9:00 for weeks.) Once I got home, I fell into bed... only to not be able to fall asleep until well after midnight.

And then I woke up at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.

This hasn't been the easiest week of my life so far, but doing today on so little sleep was hard. I've been a little bit grumpy. And super emotional. (Because, let's be honest. I'm an emotional girl when I'm NOT starved for sleep. When I'm tired, I'm flat-out ridiculous.)

So, I thought it would be a good day to put some Thank You cards in the mail. (I read once, on a bio of someone who is a motivational speaker, that she "writes a Thank You card every day". Isn't that lovely? If I was ever truly inspirational/motivational, maybe I'd cultivate that habit. But instead, I just send them out when I've had a bad day. ... It's not quite the same.)

One of my favorite parts of posting mail is the stamps.

I heart stamps.

Esp the weird/seasonal ones.

Kind of a lot.



And this isn't all of them. (I KNOW I have some Santa/sleigh stamps, and some pink flowery ones, and some trees.)

I'm telling you, I am one of those suckers who the post office ladies ALWAYS hook when they ask "Do you need stamps today?" ... Obviously.

Anyway, today I sent out Thank You cards. And it was good for my soul.

A quick shout out to those *readers who've clicked the donation button at the top right: THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU. (And your card is on its way!)

*For those of you who find this data as fascinating as I do (I feel like my life is an experiment in sociology sometimes), I must tell you that 40% of the Thank You cards I sent were to people I've never met. Just over half of the people who've donated are my friends in real life. The other 40+% were pushed here, I am assuming, by FB or a Google search for "Cancer Girl" or "Fiber One Endorsements" or something of the like.

Isn't that incredible? ... The Kindness of Strangers is a real thing.

People are amazing, and I am grateful.

No comments: