Saturday, December 6, 2014

Merry Christmas to me!

I'm telling you, I freaking love my life right now.

There's a flocked tree, full to the brim with white lights, in my living room. I have near-constant Christmas music playing in my life, and every night is another adventure in falling asleep to cheesy Christmas movies on Netflix. Candy Cane Oreos are back on the shelves at the store, and oranges are good again.

Life is good.

It is very, very, good.

I'm totally aware that it's only the 6th, but I swear... this is my best December ever.

I'm not even kidding.

Last weekend, I was at home, and spent hours singing with Judy and Katie, visiting friends and spending time with family. Since I've been back in my own home (yeah, I have two homes... don't be jealous), I've had movie nights with friends - both with the dvd player and in the theater, hot chocolate and toast and pumpkin bread and peppermint taffy and so many other tastes of this season that I love so much.

I went into December, being so grateful that I got to keep my hair for Christmas, and what I've realized is... I'm getting so much  more than that.

It's amazing to me, how many prayers in my life are being answered these days. My gut says that I'm really not getting any more prayers answered than I typically do, that I'm just more aware than I usually am. But I don't care. It sorta feels like I'm getting everything I want right now, and that is making me a pretty special kind of happy this holiday season.

I'm not sure what the word for this is, but it feels like happiness squared.

And I'm grateful.

I'm grateful for so many things. For the opportunity to live this month of my life without cancer treatments and scarves and wigs hanging over my head (no pun intended). For the chance to spend time with my favorite kids, singing silly songs and doing ridiculous things. For however much time I have left to feel this level of crappy. (Suddenly, a steady 4 on a scale of 1-10 is feeling more like an 8.) For the people that I love, for the opportunity to spend as much time as I can with each and every one of them.

I'm so grateful for answered prayers, even (okay, especially) when the prayers are silly and seemingly inconsequential.

The Lord loves me, and I love Him back.

Oh, yeah. And I loooooooove Christmastime. Forever and ever. Amen.

No comments: