Thursday, January 22, 2015

It takes a village

Do you see that?

There's a TV in my bedroom. AND IT WORKS!



It's been quite the journey, kids.

Quite. The. Journey.

I won't go into all the harrowing details (you'll just have to trust me when I say this has been an experience, full of all kinds of pitfalls and miraculously lucky breaks). At the end of the day (this very long and not-super-fun day, specifically), I'd just like to do a shout out to the village that brought Downton Abbey to my bedroom.

Thanks,

Jo
Rhonda
Jeff, the Dobson WalMart store manager
Jake, the Chaparell WalMart store manager
Jo (again)
Joshua
Genevra Lynn
Andrew
Christian
Jo (one last time, because she came with her husband)
Dean
Uncle Robert

You all are my favorites!

Thanks for making a reunion with Lady Mary (and her many beaus) possible.

I wouldn't have been able to watch TV from my hospital-bed-like-bed without you! (And, boy, am I glad that I can!)

2 comments:

Mindi Smith said...

I hope that thru the next few chemo-ridden months, you will always feel good enough to blog here and there. I seriously love when I get the email that there's a new post up. And I'm remembering that your blog is the reason why we are mystery friends. Kirk shared it on Facebook and I read it and I loved it.

Genevra said...

Laurie, I am happy to be a part of your village anytime, there is some great company in that village. I am so happy your TV is up and running because that hospital like bed is one sweet bed and to not be able to watch TV in bed would be a shame. I'm not joking when I say I'm seriously considering buying one when I need a new bed. I love you Laurie!