Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wanna see something gross?

I will show you.


Do you know what that is? That's a BRUISED port area.

I have absolutely no idea what happened when my needle was removed yesterday (I find all things IV/Port/accessing a major blood line vile and keep my eyes closed at all times when needles are going into or out of my body), but something happened.

I had given the nurse firm instruction not to talk to me about what she was doing (I can't even hear the talk about needles, or I lose it... typing this sentence just made me gag... I'm not kidding), so she was quiet. But I did hear her take a sharp breath, and then she pushed on my port - HARD - for at least a minute. And now I have a weird scabby thing below the port and a giant bruise on my chest.

Having this port accessed again at the hospital tomorrow should be a real blast.

No comments: