Thursday, March 19, 2015

Today

Today was just a day. An old school, "Laurie felt good enough to take a walk" day.

It was a good one.

I did the laundry, I lapped my apartment complex (twice, actually), and I drove thru Chick-fil-A and picked myself up a child's meal A and a side salad.

Now I just need to pack my sweet little hospital bag, and I'll be all ready to go to the hospital tomorrow morning.

The last four days have been awesome. I've been almost completely side-effect-free since Monday, and it has been fabulous. I've thoroughly enjoyed being not-dizzy enough that I can walk for 15-20 minutes at a time (some days, like today, more than once). It's been so great to feel well enough that I can drive myself around. I've read a book and a half in between napping and/or marathoning Person of Interest on Amazon. I made cupcakes on Monday, so I could take them to my favorite (CT) nurses on Tuesday.

People, I vacuumed this week.

It's been a good four days. I've felt better than I have in the last six weeks, and it's been... just... well... incredible, actually, to have this little bit of calm before the storm hits again this weekend.

I'm so grateful to know that the chemo is working. I still want to puke, just thinking about having to go back in for more, but it's working. And knowing that it's working will have to be enough right now. Some day (in the not so distant future, I would hope), I like to think that I'll be able to say that it was worth it. I'm not there yet, but for right now... it's working. And, at the end of four very good days, that's enough.

1 comment:

Genevra said...

It sounds like a lovely day. You've been doing a wonderful job fighting this fight, and you'll keep doing a wonderful job fighting the fight.