Tuesday, May 5, 2015

I went to the doctor, and the doctor said

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

Just kidding. That is NOT what he said. ... Sometimes I just can't help but quote children's songs/rhymes.

What he actually said was:

You look good!

Also:

If this is how you are when you were determined not to be emotional, I have to wonder what you'd be like if you'd planned on coming in here to cry. (Dr. H doesnt love it when I cry. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he hates it.)

Oh, and:

Let's not start round five this week. Let's give you a couple weeks to get things under control and get to feeling better. 

The official verdict is that I'm not currently strong/well enough to go in for another round. My blood is better (much better, actually... many thanks to all ya'll who've been praying that I'd feel better), but I am still very tired and light headed.

So, I'll be taking the next two weeks off chemo. There's a CT scheduled for the 18th. I'll get the results and the next piece of the game plane on the 19th.

I'm totally good with this. That last round totally took me for a ride (and not in a good way). It will be nice to have some time to eat some normal food (10 days of mouth sores have had me drinking a lot of spinach and Ensure shakes, it will be nice to spend some time with semi-solids again). I'm especially glad that the scan will still be this month - that pushing the start of round five won't also push the scan. I feel like this is a win, all the way around.

2 comments:

Evvie Turley said...

Wonderful news! Keep on keeping on, Wonder Woman! :)

Sackett's said...

Super good news! :) I'm glad that your body will have some time to get back to being your body before it gets beat up again.