Friday, June 26, 2015

Flora and fauna

I've been home for almost a week, and I'm finally posting some pics from Houston.

 I've been tired. Too tired to open my laptop. (But not too tired to marathon Covert Affairs on Amazon.)

Don't judge.

Anyhoo... we didn't get out much (I'm tired enough here, in my own home, living on my usual schedule... you don't even want to know how tired I was in Texas after traveling and not sleeping in my own bed for days on end), but last Friday... we DID get out. My mom's cousin, Jan, came and picked us up and took us to lunch and then drove us around town for a while so we could see some of Houston.

It. Was. Gorgeous.


For real. How amazing is this house?!


And the trees.

Oh, my. THE TREES. Leaves growing on the branches and trunks of trees.


These next two pics were taken in the courtyard of the restaurant where we had lunch with Jan.






Suffice it to say... the view from the MD hotel was substantially better.


And these were the trees in front of the MD Hotel.

They were super awesome. Very delicate flowers, both bright and soft pinks. 





The landscaping was incredible. Lush, almost tropical. Not what I was expecting to see in Texas. AT ALL.

And then Judy and I took some selfies in front of the pink trees, because as much as the trees were super pretty... we think we might be even prettier.


We crack ourselves up.

1 comment:

Genevra said...

Okay, that is so not what I expected either in Texas. It's gorgeous.