Friday, July 31, 2015

July

You guys. This month has been crazy busy.

I know that I haven't blogged about it a whole heck of a lot. But I will. ... Eventually. I promise. (Read: hope.)

For now, let me show you what I did every day.



At the beginning of the month, I started writing down the highlights of the day every night. And... would ya look at that? I've been busy.

It's been a great month.

I went back to work. I had an old-fashioned sleepover with Jo and her girls when Dean was at scout camp. I went home for the 4th of July. I lit the freaking anvil. I got to sit with Jennifer O and talk for hours. I went on a roadtrip with Judy. I had lunch in Flag with Brett and Karen and Natalie. I drove over Cedar Mountain. I had a sleepover at the Cameron Trading Post. I got to spend a whole day with Cindy and Amy and Holli. I got to eat squeaky cheese. I drank an absolutely ridiculous amount of caffeinated beverages. I stayed up late with Rachel, and then again with Spence and Brea. I had breakfast and lunch and dinner with some of my favorite Utah County peeps. I got to have a sleepover with Mich. I ate almond paste cookies for the first time. (I'm here to tell you, it will NOT be the last time!) I got to hang out with my Solomon girls: Luana, Victoria Lynn, Cathy, Christine, Camille, Rachel and Patty. I got some more real chicken eggs.I ditched Sunday School with Lisa G. I got to see a whole bunch of cousins when I was in Utah: Amy, Holli, Shelly, Rachel, Julie, Everett, Lisa, Christie, Dr. Doug, Nate, Brooke, Lindsay, Klancie, Randy and Nikki. I had some sleepovers at Spencer's house. I tried bacon & maple potato chips. (Surprisingly, not awesome.) I got to hear Seth play the guitar and the ukelele. I got to have a perfect day at Fiiz with Conman. I had the distinct privilege of referreeing Kirk and Russell play a game of Twister. I read books. I saw Top Gun in the theater for the first time. (I wasn't allowed to see it when it came out. But now I'm 40 and can see whatever movie I want.) I took a ton of selfies in the car with Hilly. I was strong enough to let both Hazy and Monson sit on my lap. I taught my family about the joy of homemade pineapple ice cream, and Spencer and I made up a recipe for homemade almond joy ice cream. I got to sleep in Grammy and Grandad's house. I took Julie's girls to see Inside Out. (Loooooved it!) I was able to stay up late and wake up early for a solid week while I was on the road. I ate at Cheesecake Factory. (Twice. Once, I even had cheesecake.) I decided to cater my funeral dinner. I did some research and discovered that one bag of Sun Chips (the small size from the gas station) is over 20% of my daily recommend fiber intake. I ate a crap ton of salmon. (And it was awesome. Every time.) I worked from the Camelback office one day this month. I watched all of Covert Affairs and the first four seasons of The Good Wife. (Again.) I had a heart to heart with Dr. H - and he complimented me on my new hairdo. (Three times in five minutes.) I went to the movies and I ate a lot of theater popcorn. I got stuck in multiple rainstorms. I grew almost an inch of hair on my head. I got matching pink mani/pedis with Hillary. I laughed and I cried. I told a bunch of people that I love them, and I meant it every time. I got to hold a hedgehog. I drove my car to Utah and I flew home on an airplane.

And there's a whole bunch of other stuff that's written on the calendar that I didn't mention.

Like I said, it's been a great month.

I am tired, but I am happy.

And (maybe) next month I'll get around to posting pics of all (or at least some of) that awesomeness. For now, just know that I am doing my level best to live. Every day.

2 comments:

Genevra said...

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful month and trip you had. Lots of love and goodwill to be had and spread. And the good doctor is right, your hair does look great.

Sabrina Gardner said...

This list is amazing! What a wonderful month!