Sunday, July 26, 2015

Project Chia Pet - Week 5

So... I'm sorry about the 24+ hour delay on what is usually a Friday post.

Here is what happened: I forgot to take the weekly update pic outside, in the light of day, on Friday. I've seen a lot of friends and family this week (on my Utah pilgrimage), and one thing I've heard over and over again is that my hair looks SO DIFFERENT in real life,  than it does in the Chia Pet updates. (Something about how ya'll can't see how gray it is, or that it truly is long enough to comb, in the pics that had been taken inside with crappy lighting.)

So, here is a pic with natural light. Enjoy the crap out of my "silver highlights". 


I say that like I don't love the gray.

I actually do. A lot. (And not just because I grew it myself out of my own head.) I think the steely gray is pretty sweet.

Also, as an added bonus... I thought it would be a good time to include a six week time lapse to show how much my hair has grown since I took the first Friday pic when we were in Houston last month.


It was about four weeks in that I could start combing, pulling, pushing, patting and/or by putting a hat on my head while my hair dried to force it to stay down, to give the illusion of a part and/or actual hairdo. But look! I'm there!

It's been coming in pretty fast. Not as fast as I thought it would, based on how quickly it used to grow (about an inch a month), but considering the effect chemo has had just about everywhere else... I'll take it.

1 comment:

Genevra said...

No matter what you call it, actual hairdo or not, you've been rocking it from the get go. That smile is by far your best accessory with that hairdo you've been rocking.