Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Five months

October 19th was my five month mark. I spent the day doing this:





(Not pictured is the 8 hours I spent in the car with Jo. Good thing we like each other so much, because GPS thought that was going to be a 4.5 hour drive. Clearly, GPS under (or maybe over?) estimates how often two 40 yr old women need to stop for bathroom breaks. And snacks.)

And considering that I'd spent the weekend in Vegas doing this


And the weekend before in California, doing this


I say that I'm still winning.

I'm tired and I'm glad to be home in my own bed, and I'm really looking forward to staying here for all of the nights until I go back to Houston  (11/7), but I am ofiicially over five months into the anticipated 3-6. I am tired, but I am happy. 

Oh, and winning. 


4 comments:

Genevra said...

Congratulations on your five months!! I'm so very glad you get to enjoy your comfy, cozy bed until the trip to Houston. And FYI, I've been enjoying the yummy leftovers of the cake you made and the massive amount of Dole Whips that Mich bought. I'm so glad I got to spend time with you. Happy birthday, and birthday month, to you!

Jenni said...

Love you!

Laurie Brown said...

Happy Birthday Laurie!

Debbie said...

Happy birthday, Laurie! I love seeing your beautiful smile in your pictures.