Monday, January 4, 2016

I cried the day the palm trees came down

Not really. Mostly because today is Day 21, so I'm not riding the Crazy Emotional Chemo Train today. (I actually just used that title because I like to mock The Forgotten Carols a little bit sometimes.)

But I am really kind of sad. (And I'll probably cry about it later. Right now, I'm sort of in shock.)

I woke up this morning to the sound of chainsaws running. "That's weird", I thought, "Friday is Landscaping Day. I wonder what in the crap they're chopping down now." I opened my blinds and saw... the palm trees. They were all down.


All five of them. The pool looks so naked. And there are ugly tree stumps everywhere.

My apartment complex has new owners, which means we're under new management and have new landscapers. And while I'm sure that the end result will be better than what we've had... I'm really gonna miss the raggedy palm that I used to be able to see from my bed.


1 comment:

Jenni said...

Never pass up a chance to mock The Forgotten Carols. Ever.