
So, last night I headed over to my friend Myra's house to watch Lost and eat cupcakes. It was pretty much the best night ever.
Okay, I'm kidding. But not about it being about the best night ever, that part was for real. I was kidding, in that I didn't go there to watch Lost and/or eat cupcakes. I went there because I love Myra, and any excuse to spend time with her is a good one. That she has cable (which, I sadly, do not) and that she'd made THE BEST CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES OF ALL TIME were just nice side benefits. (Not that I'd ever use My for food and/or TV, I'm just saying... nice benefits.) Also, watching Lost with My is infinitely more fun than it is to watch it alone. While I might have some snarky thoughts on my own, I sure wouldn't have said "Hmmm... Sawyer's had Kate up against a fence before" at the end of last night's episode. When Myra said that last night, with one eyebrow raised, I had to laugh out loud. (I mean, head thrown back, gut busting, LOL.) Truly, Tuesdays are more fun for me when I'm at Myra's.
Myra. She's fabulous. One of the best friends I've made since I've moved here, and I'm so glad I've had her in my life. I'll miss her like crazy when her family moves to wherever-it-is-they-end-up-going.
These chocolate cupcakes. They are to die for. I mean, this chocolate sheetcake recipe is pretty fan-freaking-tastic... but turning them into cupcakes really pumps them up a notch. The rich, gooey goodness of sheetcake turned into a cupcake - with this frosting? Oh my holy-thought-I-died-and-went-to-heaven. (You just can't beat chocolate cake so rich and moist that it sticks to your teeth when you take a bit of it.) DELISH!
Lost. It is, simply put, the best TV show of all time. (If you like to try and figure stuff out and/or stare at eye candy ala Sawyer, Dr. Jack, Desmond, and my boy Sayid.) If you haven't ever seen it, you should repent right now and head over to ABC.com. They have all episodes of all seasons for free right now. If you have 3 weeks or so and you don't have anything better to do, definitely check it out. (If you don't have 3 free weeks, I'd advise you not to get started until you do. This show's addicting like none other and I'd hate for you to... you know, miss out on your life, if you got sucked in by the pilot and you couldn't turn away. Yeah, it's that good.)
I love my friends. I love yummy chocolate treats. I love Lost (even though I can't figure it out to save my soul!). I love my life.
5 comments:
Too sweet for words. So are cupcakes for breakfast!
Three comments, really. (1) Is there a recipe attached to those cake cupcakes? I'd like to try them. But maybe it's Myra's touch that makes them so good. (2) Did Scott pay you to post a heads-up for "Lost?" He keeps insisting that we need to catch up. It's honestly one of his favorite shows. Since we love our kid, we're going to try to watch episodes of "Lost" on our upcoming trip (3) to *drum roll* Phoenix! Yep, Bob and I are coming your way, Laurie. Eight days of pure fun, also known as spring training for MLB. Can't wait. (4) Love you, girl!
Your blogs regularly make me hungry! and make me wish I lived closer, but that's just because I love you and miss you!
We should have those cupcakes the day after our cinnamon roll party at Julie's (see my late comment on your earlier blog). :-P
Myra - it's because I love you (and your chocolate cupcakes)!
Judy - there IS a recipe for those cupcakes. If you click on the highlighted/underlined link, it'll take you right to the recipe. (Or you can go the thepioneerwoman.com - it's her chocolate sheetcake recipe, made into cupcakes.) They are divine. I mean... D-I-V-I-N-E. (And... uhm... don't hate me but, what is MLB? I've heard of spring training, amazingly enough, but this MLB is foreign to me. And before you wonder how your daughters are even friends with me - just know that Jenni loves me even though I thought Duke LaCrosse was a person.)
And Bethy - you're on. One order of chocolate cupcakes with the best frosting ever, coming up. (The recipe only made 24 cupcakes, so I'm thinking we'll have to make these after the kids go to bed.)
Hehehe. Ah Laurie. MLB = Major League Baseball. ...or Duke Lacrosse's roommate...
:-)
Post a Comment