Monday, August 16, 2010

Theme Songs

Years ago, when I worked at Ye Olde Central Bank, there was a group of us that watched Ally McBeal. (I know, it's an old show. I told you, it was years ago. ... Just don't ask me how many years, because I really don't remember anymore.) Anyway, we would watch Ally, and then we'd come to work the next day and laugh about the coffee cup fantasy, or the dancing baby, or... or what our theme song would be, if we could choose one.

This was my theme song. (Forgive the cheesy video. It was the 90's, okay? And for the record, this song's a little twangy for my blood. But the words? Oh, heck yeah, they totally describe me.)



"I'm an emotional girl, I can't help myself. Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I do both, and I don't know why. I have a passionate heart, and that's just the way things are." - Sound like anyone you know?

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend, explaining that I do, too, like to be hugged... it's just that few and far between are the people who I will let get close enough to hug me. (He'd thought that I hated to be hugged - by anyone. Bless him. He gets confused.) After I gave him the short list of reasons why I don't like strangers (or weirdies) to hug me, as well as a run-down on who is or is not allowed to touch me, he threw his hands up in the air and exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, you should come with a manual!".

Or maybe I could arrange it for my theme song to play whenever I enter or leave the room. Maybe that would help. Maybe...

2 comments:

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I love, love it!!!! I always said that I live in a musical, because my theme song changes based on my mood....and you can bet that there are times when my theme song does follow me around - it just happens to be me singing it!
Laurie I totally want to hug you right now, so pretend like I am giving you a virtual hug (that way if I am in the "weirdie" category, it's not gonna freak you out! hee hee hee)
Love you lady!

Judy said...

Bob frequently asks me that same question, bless him. But a manual would take all the fun out of it, right?