Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20

My mom sent me the sweetest email. Because it's about so many of the people who read this blog, I'm going to post it below.

Laur,

Gosh, I love your friends! I can't even tell you how grateful I am for the network of people you are surrounded with. Good people who LOVE YOU and show it in so many ways. The support and the caring, the lunches and prayers, the blue ray player and the flower trimming. Seriously, bran muffins, M&M's aplenty, foot rubbing and celeb valentines! Who gets that? Cancer Girl, apparently. I'm so grateful for the people who can help smooth part of your road. You have to walk it, but you don't have to walk it alone.

I love you so much.

Mom

How much do you love that my family and I now affectionately refer to me as Cancer Girl? I think it's pretty great. (Gone are the days that my nickname was Miss Muffett, is what I'm saying.)

As much as I do love my new nickname, I love my family and my friends even more. It is true, I have had people send me: flowers, jewelry, bran muffins, M&M's, books, gift cards, nail polish, European chocolate, fancy cakes, warm socks, funny cards, and so much more. I've had people: pray for me, wash my dishes, do my laundry, clean my bathroom, buy my groceries and drive me all over the blasted city. I've received countless packages, letters, emails, phone calls and texts. I've had family and friends travel hundreds of miles to spend a weekend, or even a day, with me. There are women in my ward, friends who live just around the corner, who have asked their husbands to stay home with their small children, so they could come and spend an evening in my home without any distractions. I have lunch or dinner at least once a week with a friend who wants to check-in, to catch up, to make sure that I know that I am loved (and well fed).

I have a lot of people in my life who want to make sure that I know I am loved, cared about and prayed over. How you show your love is different, because you are different, but you have all given me love. And for that, I am grateful.

I am the luckiest girl ever. Truly, I am.