Sunday, February 12, 2012

February 3

I'm so tired.

I mean, so tired! It's ridiculous. I get into bed at 9:00 on average, because I'm just too tired to sit upright on the couch anymore. Then I sleep until about 2:00, sometimes 3:00, when I wake up because my silly brain's so busy that my body can't sleep.

Some nights I can fall back to sleep, some nights I can't.

I'm so tired that my body hurts. My legs hurt and my back hurts because I'm tired. I know that sounds so melodramatic, but I swear it's the gospel truth. I've been making an effort to walk every day again, hoping that will help wear my body out, so my body can overrule my brain and I can sleep. ... It hasn't worked yet, but I live in hope that it will.

The worst part is that I'm starting to look tired again. When I look in the mirror, the bags are back under my eyes. Last week at church I had a man stop me and ask if I was okay, because I looked "so tired". I gave him a weak smile, told him I was okay, and explained that I looked tired because I am tired. He just looked at me like he didn't know what to say to that. I walked past him and down the hall, focused on getting home so I could lie down. Because I was tired.

This is my life. I am in constant need of a nap.